Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Fun in Null Sec


We primarily operate out of wormhole space, but we have been known to venture into high, low, and null security space.   When we get a low or null sec connection to our home system, we usually stick our heads out, take a look around, sometimes it's the middle of nowhere, sometimes it's a station system in a null sec Sansha mission hub.

Most recently, we had a null sec connection, which did in fact connect to a station system in HM-UVD, in the Stain region.  I had just logged on, grabbed the bookmarks, and decided that I should go take a look around outside.   So, I jump out in my Cheetah and hit my d-scan...

Whoa...

Tengu, Tengu, Machariel, Drake, Tengu, Tengu, CNR, and assorted other ships, I quickly check my overview settings, and see that there's no force fields on d-scan.

I immediately start trying to gather people in corp chat, but it was a slow day for us, I managed to get one of my corp mates in his Legion to come and sit inside the wormhole, while I scanned down our target.  First hit was a Tengu, I scan him down, and warp to him cloaked at 50km, unfortunately, there was no one there but a bunch of rats.

Oh well, I start scanning down another ship, this time, a Drake fighting some battleship rats in a complex.  I warp to him at 50km, and start slow boating over to point range, calling for my buddy to warp in on me.   I decloak and get a point and web on him, he starts targeting me and opens fire I am about half armor when my corp mate lands, and I have to warp out, he gets point on the Drake, and kills him.

http://clann.eve-kill.net/?a=kill_detail&kll_id=10660893

In the meantime, I have bounced from a celestial back to the scene of the fight, and manage to get there just in time to see his pod get squished.

http://clann.eve-kill.net/?a=kill_detail&kll_id=10660920

Feeling pretty confident after killing the Drake, we decided to try for another kill.  In hindsight, it was probably not the best idea.  So I take off and start scanning down another ship, I scan down a Cerberus, and warp to him at 30km.  He is sitting off the station in system, about 50km from the undock.

Not really thinking about it, I call for the warp in, though the smell of bait is painfully obvious in retrospect.  I decloak and scramble him, and my corp mate lands on grid, starts shooting at this Cerberus, and it's taking a strangely small amount of damage from his Legion.   Then in warps a Rifter and a Harbinger, I call for the Legion to warp out, and I start burning out of point range of the Cerberus.  I overheated my MWD and still couldn't get away fast enough to escape, I got popped and lost my Cheetah, though I managed to get my pod out.

http://clann.eve-kill.net/?a=kill_detail&kll_id=10661012

We headed back to the wormhole, and exchanged GF's in local, called it a night after that.

No comments:

Post a Comment