Saturday, September 24, 2011

Busy week! Part 1


It has been a busy couple of days in-game, lots going on out in w-space!  Let me start out by saying that we had war declared on us by Cosa Nostra. alliance, who we had fought against during our recent campaign versus Brotherhood of Starbridge.   They are a high sec war dec alliance, because we live and work in w-space, they are effectively no threat to our day to day operations.

So the other night, I am spinning around my POS, and I decide to try and get a fleet to go hunt down some of these war targets, and ask people to start forming up near Amarr.  On my way over there, I jump into Kamio where there's a war target Stiletto, on the gate.

Well crap, there's no way I can warp off before he points me, so I decide to burn back to the gate, try to overheat my MWD, only to realize I am scrammed.

Shit...

By this time, a hostile Huginn, Cerberus, and Tengu, had landed on the gate, I was really in trouble in my Hurricane.  I start shooting at the Stiletto, hoping to pop him to regain use of my MWD and escape, got a lucky shot off with my 425mm Autocannon's and boom.

http://clann.eve-kill.net/?a=kill_detail&kll_id=10687069

I activated my overheated MWD, aligned to a celestial, and proceeded to die in a fiery explosion.

http://clann.eve-kill.net/?a=kill_8detail&kll_id=1068706

Oh well, I got my pod out, and headed over to Amarr.  I had to refit for this WT hunt, and now I knew where they were!  So I fit up another Hurricane, and waited for the fleet to assemble.   There were probably 10-12 of us in fleet, just waiting for people to get there, when someone says on comms, "We have a Nidhoggur tackled on a HS wormhole!"

Well now...  I have never gotten a carrier kill before.

The fleet decides to head over there, and we form up on the wormhole and jump in, and the Nidhoggur is still there!  We get more points on him, and start draining his cap.  We are calling for more DPS, and backup, when we notice a Chimera on D-Scan, that wasn't there a few minutes ago.   About a minute later, he lands on grid with us and starts energy transferring to the Nidhoggur.

We decide the Chimera is the bigger threat so we switch our DPS and neuts over to him.  We have more and more people arriving by the minute, as word is spread that we have two carriers tackled on a high sec wormhole. Both carriers occasionally launch fighters, but they were called primary, and popped quickly, forcing the carriers to recall them.  The Chimera is melting pretty fast under our DPS, and when he hits about 15% structure, he self destructs.

Boooooooo!!!!!!!!!!  Though someone did manage to catch the pod.

http://clann.eve-kill.net/?a=kill_detail&kll_id=10687530

Well, at least we still have the Nidhoggur!  We move over to him and start shooting at him, he goes down pretty quickly and without a fight, having logged off at about half armor.  He exploded, and there was much rejoicing.

http://clann.eve-kill.net/?a=kill_detail&kll_id=10687522

Then we scanned down his pod.

http://clann.eve-kill.net/?a=kill_detail&kll_id=10687531

After we looted the field, we headed back out to look for some war targets, but they had all either docked up or logged.  So we called it a night and I went back to the wormhole, killed some sleepers, and logged for the night.

No comments:

Post a Comment